2d6 Full Release!
May 16, 2012 2 Comments
Guess what? The full release of the 2d6 Roleplaying System is at hand!
Major changes from Delta:
- Stat costs now scale the way skill costs do, and you get more points with which to buy them
- Armor grants rerolls on results of 2, 3, or 4 depending on the type instead of 1, 2, or 3 times per day
- Magic is now based on Resolve (which is now the combination of Toughness and Willpower, similar to Initiative)
- Cast and Resolve are no longer skills
- Cinematics cost 2XP and can no longer grant an automatic boxcars, but do allow you to deal or negate additional wounds in combat
- Stat Rearranges were removed, though they may come back in someday as part of a set of advanced, optional rules
- Fancy layout
There still aren’t any illustrations, though there are placeholders in the pdf. These will make it easier for me to phase in the art as I get it, which in turn will allow me to release future versions faster, since I won’t have to re-lay them out every time I get new art.
I’ll be posting the html version of the rules on the site over the next few days, and I’m also looking into making a wiki for easy navigation.
Torata is just about done, but I’m still tweaking the monetary system, the politics, and the magic/items, so there’s a bit more work to be done.
Thank you to everyone who helped design, playtest, and drum up interest for 2d6! It’s been a long road, and all your help has been appreciated more than you can ever know!
- Josh Gager